Psychedelic bright colours, peace symbols and fluorescent flower designs are perfect for setting the mood for your groovy get together. Your guests will love a 60s party as they can don their best hippy costume, let their hair down (or indeed up in a 60’s do) and enjoy some old school funky tunes.
Well, where to start? The sixties decade was the most exciting, influential and vibrant period for popular music in the 20th Century. I think that’s something everyone can agree on. Out of the 60’s came The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix and The Rolling Stones to name a few. Here are 10 songs which are a must have at your party
- Heard it through the grapevine – Marvin Gaye
- Like a rolling stone – Bob Dylan
- Suspicious Minds – Elvis Presley
- Sympathy for the devil – The Rolling Stones
- I’m Waiting for the man – Velvet Underground
- All along the watch tower – Jimi Hendrix
- Good vibrations – The Beach Boys
- Be my baby – The Ronettes
- The house of the rising sun – The Animals
- Twist and Shout – Please Please Me
- God only knows – Pet Sounds
Make your guests have a funky frenzy by dressing your venue up with the grooviest décor. Everyone knows the peace sign as being the symbol of this era so dot these around your venue or use them as a centrepiece for your food table. Tie-dye was fashionable so grab some cheap material to tiedye and dress up the area. A disco ball is a must have for a 60s party and sets the mood. Get some 60s plates, napkins, cups, bowls and snack trays. Disposable is best as saves on the washing up!
Invite your friends to come over and shake it at your 60’s event. You want your invitations to give your theme away so they know what to wear and to expect. We have some groovy invitations on our website www.theinvitationboutique.co.uk/decade-themed/60s-invitations/.
We hope your swinging sixties party is a success.